Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What Goes Up, Must Come Down

The level of happiness you experience when you come home on Leave is matched only by the level of depression you feel when you have to go back to the battlefield. The only cure for it is time. You cannot describe to others; it must be experienced to feel it. However, I'm sure family and friends that are left at home in the wake of your whirlwind vacation feels it almost as much.


I've said it before, and it's worth repeating; I would endure the whole thing for a 3-day weekend at home. It's worth every single second.


Me and the woman that holds it all together, all by herself, in my absence enjoying the last few minutes before I have to board that plane. I owe you Big Time, honey!


The "enemy".


Sunrise over Germany on the way back to Kuwait.


This is my first real look at Germany. Usually, we are flying in and out of Germany in darkness.


Sunset over the desert in Kuwait that same day.


The next day flying into Baghdad on a C-130.


Who knows?


Ahhh...good ol' Baghdad traffic.



At this point, I'm only 120 days from leaving. But who's counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment