Small world! I ran into SSG Gonzales from my unit back home. She was deployed over here about the same time as me. I was sitting in our vehicle, and I noticed the patch on her left sleeve. I remember thinking "That patch sure looks familiar...hey, that's my unit patch from back home! I know her! That's SSG Gonzales!" We spent a few minutes catching up. It was great to talk to someone from home.
Recently, my daughter and some of her close friends got together to have pizza and build a care package to send me. I was extremely surprised and grateful. Thanks to all the girls (and their parents who helped her put this together!
Nothing exciting here; just me sitting at my desk late one night catching up on emails.
Here's a view of the MoI (Ministry of Interior) and the checkpoint we go through to get on and off the FOB.
Here's a view of our TOC (tactical operations center) as viewed from my desk.
Oh yeah. This is one of our vehicles, and we call it Ghetto Fabulous. I was backing it up recently, and there was a tree behind the vehicle. I couldn't see it because of the armored cage in the back, and I managed to back the vehicle right into a tree branch and broke the window. Well, it's not like we can take the vehicle into the shop to have a new window installed, so me and another guy were able to build a new window using plexiglass. I think it looks awesome, but not many share my opinion.
Hey Bruce, I recognize the dust on the back of your monitor. Your pictures are great and you job is a good one you lucky dog. I like the sleeping conditions as well.
ReplyDeleteHere is D Day I am about to watch the President's speech to see if he can out due Ronald Reagan’s great speech about D-Day. I saw a General on TV during the D-Day show which I worked in his JOC for a year. It is a small world. Keep safe and your joking attitude it keeps a positive day, week, year...life. LTC Bryant