I was sent back to Qatar for a week of specialized training. Of course, I was gone for 2 weeks because of the travel difficulties over here. But it was nice to get away from the FOB and see something different. The installation I was at was an Air Force Base, so the living conditions were great.
Here's a happy camper obviously excited about getting away for a little while.
This is a shot of...well...I'm not really sure. But it's something in the distance. The point of this picture was really the dusty, sandy, desolate landscape. Oh, and it was about 130 degrees while I was there.
Ah yes, home sweet home. This was the tent I was assigned to. Did I mention that the Air Force living conditions were nice? I meant it was nice for the Air Force service members assigned there. Not so much for the Army personnel that are there for training.
An actual movie theater. Life is tough for these people.
And they even have a swimming pool. I should have gone Air Force.
I know what you're thinking. At first glance, this does look like I'm enjoying a pizza and a beer. I get it. But actually, I was sitting with a couple of other students that are in my class and we were discussing our homework. When I sat down, this stuff was already here. I was just looking at it. Really. It's not mine. I'm at war, remember? Ok, let's move on...
Only the best for the Army personnel. This is the aircraft that took us back to Iraq. Boy, it sure seems like we're in the cargo area, but that can't be right.
On the way back to the war. I wish I could stay up here instead of on the ground.
God Bless You
ReplyDelete