Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We've Got Some Wheels

The main mode of transportation over here is the greatness of the MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected).
It provides the best protection against the bad guys. Above is a picture of one of ours in the parking lot.

Here's the inside of the MRAP. I hope there's nothing "secret" about this picture. Once you've looked at it, please forget you've seen it. Thanks.
They even let ME drive from time to time. We were only driving on the FOB, so I wasn't required to wear my body armor and helmet.
Here's another shot of our MRAPs in a convoy.
I can't remember what the vehicles are called, but they are generally used by MP (Military Police).

And the workhorse of the Army...the HMMWV (high mobility multi-purpose wheeled vehicle).
More shots of the HMMWV.

Another shot of me driving an MRAP.

Here's a close-up of one of the many variants of the MRAP.

And here's a shot of me riding in the back. This is where you sit when they won't let you drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment